I used to love to watch Ren and Stimpy cartoons when I was a teenager. One of my favorites is about Stimpy who is NOT to press the red button, or he will erase history.
Today I had my "RED BUTTON" moment. This morning I decided I wanted to get a membership to the Clearfield Aquatic Center. It is a huge facility, with swimming pools, fitness classes and a gym. I brought Savannah with me and had no problems filling out the paperwork for the registration. We then went on a self-guided tour of the facility. We went up to the top deck to see the fitness center that overlooks the swimming pools. Very nice. We came back down in the elevator. Oooh the elevator has lots of shiny buttons. I made sure to guard them from Savannah's curious little "pushy" fingers. Guess I didn't notice her touch the BRIGHT RED BUTTON. Apparently after one pushes this button, history is not erased, no, just the local police are summoned. If you leave the elevator after the button is pressed without talking to the dispatcher, they assume someone has possibly expired in the elevator. In that instance they must send the authorities to check out the situation. Yes, my tax dollars are being spent well, because the police were very speedy in coming to the rescue of one darling toddler and her mother who had accidentally pressed the RED BUTTON in the elevator. Yep I was so embarrassed I kinda wish it had erased history......


1 comments:
That type of thing has happened to me TWICE at our gym! Both times I had taken my sweet (but "grabby handed") niece, Sadie, swimming, and she pulled the "I've-fallen-and-I-can't-get-up" panic cord. A whole crew of medical personel rushed our dressing room with AED's, backboards, braces, etc.
The first time was embarrassing. When it happened the next time we went, I was horrified. It's not like I wasn't watching her, but she's almost impossible to control sometimes and she got her hand free for a SPLIT second.
Oh well...I'm sure you spiced up the police's day!
Post a Comment