Ok so, I realize I have been out of the blogging world for quite a while. I haven't felt I have had much to say, but today, I will be heard. Go ahead laugh, this one is funny.
Today, like every weekday morning we were in a rush to get to school on time. Someone is always forgetting something. It is always in a harried rush. (don't suggest getting up earlier... it doesn't work) I am in pajamas and croc's and decide to throw on a hat because this morning the bad hair day is particularly bad. Savannah has decided to wear her full Elmo costume (hood and all) Got the picture in your head?? So we pick up the kids on our car pool route and as we are pulling away Nathan says from the back seat, "oh Mom I forgot my shoes!!" WHAT??? I threaten him that I will just take him to school as-is, but he assures me that I will be required to bring him shoes. So I turn back to get his shoes. We finally get back on the road and about 15 minutes later we are pulling up to the school (almost late) , just like every morning there is a local policeman enforcing the school zone speed limit. I slow down like usual, drop the kids off and start to head home. As I leave the parking lot, the policeman pulls behind me. Crap! So I am on my best behavior and driving 5 mph below the speed limit just to be safe. I drive for a full mile like this and am starting to think it's okay when he flips his lights and does the siren thing. Are you kidding me??? So I pull over and quickly pull out my license. He comes to the window and looks at me and then peers into the back at Savannah (I mean Elmo) I am totally aware of how ridiculous we look. He says to me, "Ma'am do you know why I pulled you over?" In a shaky voice, "no." "Well, I pulled you over because your vehicle registration is expired" No, no, it's not expired, I had it registered in December. Ma'am please let me see your registration. I lean over and get the registration out of the glove compartment, oops, huh, this is it, but it still has the stickler on it" He asks to see it along with proof of insurance and my license. I handed him the registration and insurance then go to get my license which I placed on my lap earlier. In the process of getting the registration out, I dropped my license under the seat. As I go to reach under the seat he shouts, Ma'am don't reach under the seat. Does he honestly think I am packing??? I tell him that I dropped my license and have to get it. By now I am in tears because he yelled at me. He says to open the door and slowly reach under the seat, and no sudden moves. I retrieve the license and hand it to him. He takes them and goes back to his car, leaving my door open for all to see me in jammies. He comes back, hands me my stuff and tells me to go put the sticker on. What humiliation. I get back in the car and he tells me I can go, to drive safe, and to "have a nice day. I think I would love to shove his nice day somewhere.
So that is how my day has started. I think it is probably safe to say I should go back to bed.
Farewell
6 years ago

6 comments:
Oh my good gravy, woman!!! You have had quite the morning! Better luck with the rest of the day!!!
lol that sounds like something that would happen to Becky.
Ha! Thanks for the smile to start my day. The highlights are the Elmo costume, (been there, but it was a bright red dragon with huge wings), the jammies and the hat, and the accusations of packing heat. Those police men have NO sense of humor AT ALL! I guess you can't blame them, but seriously, a mom in jammies with Elmos in the back? How can that be scary?
LOL! i totally would have lost contronl of my ducts if he yelled that to me too!
The sad thing is nowadays they never know what some crazy soccer mom is gonna pull....
WOW. you deserve some chocolate for a morning like that!
lots of good vibes i'm sending your way! love ya shell
So sorry! At least no ticket was involved! Ü
Hahaha. That is like my SECOND worst fear when I drop off my daughter at school...right after the car breaking down and being forced to walk somewhere in my pajamas with no make up on.
I'm glad you shared this one. It made me laugh!
Post a Comment