Virginia Latimer Savage March 17, 1922- December 25, 2009

Grandma Ginger passed away on Christmas morning. She was such a fun little lady. I grew to think of her as more than just a Grandma, she was my good friend. But it wasn't always that way. At the age of 11, while eavesdropping on a conversation between my mom and Grandma, I overheard her call me a spoiled bratt. From that time on, I would not talk to her. When I moved back to Utah at the age of 21, I decided it was time for me to mend fences and get to know her again. Keith and I lived pretty close to her and since we were newly weds, with NO money, we spent a lot of time with Grama and Grampa. We would play "Phase 10" and Grama would always win. ;) She taught me to bake. She taught me to always make my bed and put on make-up in the morning. Everyday... She loved my children and they always got a nice little spritz of perfume each time we would visit. In 2006 she got very sick. The doctors thought she would die soon. Amazingly, she fought for her life. Every week when I called she would always tell me she was "great" What a little trooper. Because we were living in Mississippi, I feared she would never meet our little Savannah. We transferred back to Utah in 2008. Again we got to visit Grama frequently, and Savannah got to know her. On Saturday of last week Keith took me to see Grama. She was so little and frail. Her skin was pale and I knew it would be the last time I would see her alive. We got to sit and visit in her bedroom. Savannah kissed her on the face. I got to hug her one last time... for now. I love her, and I am so glad she was a part of my life. I am really going to miss her. I feel a void in my life right now, but I am comforted to know that we will be together again.

2 comments:
i'm sorry for your loss and i hope that the time doth softly sweetly guide until you get to be with her again!
our prayers of comfort are with you and your family at this time.
shell and matt
What an amazing and memorable woman! We wish you the comfort of the spirit to bring you peace to help with the pain of loss. We love you all!!
Post a Comment