BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS �

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

a hard pill to swallow

This is like pure hell for me to put these pictures of myself out for everyone to see. It is especially hard to see them myself. One year ago and about 70 lbs heavier. I hated the way I looked and the way I felt. For me, it was a nightmare to try on clothes, or even go out in public with friends. Since moving to Utah I have joined weight watchers. It has been the best thing in the world for me. I have my self confidence back, and my family says I am more fun. (especially Keith ;) I never, never want to be like this again. But I know it is hard. Not just a quick fix, but a life time commitment. And all along I have had my wonderful family for support. Even Keith's cousins have given advise. To you, I say Thank You, from the bottom of my heart. I have made lifetime membership at Weight watchers, and intend to go to my meetings forever.

Melissa and Miriam, Mississippi May 2008
Melissa with Grams, Utah July 2008

Melissa September 13, 2008. The day I started Weight Watchers



I think this one was back in November of 2008



Here I am today, 70 lbs lighter, and so much happier









12 comments:

Jillo said...

It's the darn southern food. It'll happen to the best of us. =)
You look fabulous! Way to go!

Stacy Holmes said...

You do look great! I'm not sure I wanted to know that Keith thinks you are more fun ;) but...
I love the hair too!

Kurt & Rachel Keyser said...

Congrats! You look great. I like the new hair too. :)

I've lost Kelsie's baby weight, but still have a lot more to go to be where I'd like to be.

Laurel, Brian, Addison & Liam said...

You look great Missy! And when I saw you back in July when we cleaned Grams's house, I don't recall seeing you and thinking, "Oh boy, she's heavy." You had just had a baby.

But really, I am jealous of your dedication. And I love your new hair do, it's really cute.

Natalie said...

Wow! 70 pounds in a year! That's amazing! Good job. Losing weight is a huge, huge task/battle/fight/commitment. Keeping it off is even harder. Good job! You look great!

Marla said...

Melissa - you look A-MAZ-ING! So proud of you...that is such a hard thing to do. Send all your pointers my way as soon as I'm done nursing!

Linda Lou said...

Miss, I think you look fantabulous! Congratulations on your life time membership and WW. And I thought you looked beautiful even when you were heavier!

I think I'll join WW when I've got about 25 pounds left to lose and then I can get my lifetime membership too!

Shauna said...

Way to go!!! You look beautiful as always!

Gary and Debbie Rex said...

Melissa, you are an awesome inspiration to me (in more ways than I can count!). Way to go...you do look FABULOUS!!!

Melissa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Smith Family said...

You look Amazing! I am on it to again get back to my lifetime goal weight your a great inspiration for me.

RACHELLE said...

I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW THAT YOU EVER GAINED WEIGHT! THE LAST TIME I SAW YOU BEFORE YO MOVED AWAY , YOU WERE TINY AND NOW I SEE YOU ...AND YOU ARE TINY..SO YOU MUST BE DOING SOMETHING GREAT FOR YOURSELF! YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL AND A DARLING FRIEND! WAY TO GO! I WISH I HAD YOUR WILL POWER!