BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, July 20, 2009

Stickler Family Staycation day 1

Keith and Meg coming down the alpine slide
coming down the zipline, first is Miss, then Meg, then Nate

This is a picture from where they started.


This one is of Miss about half way down. You can see at the very top of the picture where those flags are. That is where it started from


Over the last few months we have debated about where to go for this year's family vacation. Maybe Mesa Lakes in Colorado, possibly the Oregon coast, even Bear Lake was an idea. Just last week after talking to friends we had decided that Yellowstone would be fun.

Well last week the kids and I spent a few days with my parents in Colorado, while Keith put in some extra late nights at work. On Thursday I started feeling "not quite right" I had my suspicions, but just decided to wait and see. On Friday as soon as I walked in the door from a 5 1/2 hour drive home from Colorado, I walked out and drove straight to the Urgent Care. I was right. The doctor diagnosed me with Shingles. Crap! They look like a heat rash, but hurt like the devil, and can last for months! (stress induced) SO, that put a bit of a wrench into our plans.

But, we decided not to let something like that ruin our plans. Instead we chose to have a staycation.

Today was day number one. We got up and drove down to the Oquirrh Mountain Temple open house. Our whole family was able to go through and see the beautiful rooms, and feel the spirit in the House of the Lord.

After we finished the tour we decided to drive east up to Park City. We got some lunch and then hit the outlets for some great buys on school uniforms. (yeah, our new charter school has a dress code... Polo's and khaki pants, easy, breezy for me)

Once we spent the day shopping, we drove up to the Olympic park. Each one of us (except Savannah) rode to the top of the chair life. We were then strapped into a swing like contraption. A metal door in front of us was opened up, and we were let loose on the longest zip line ever. The man told me it was a 1000 foot drop. I am terrified of heights, but man, that was fun. After the zip line, the kiddos and Keith went down the track that they do the bobsled on. You could hear Keith hooping and hollering all the way down. Megan and Nathan both had a great time. After a long drive back home, we cooked some dinner and now are getting ready to plan the rest of our week. Unfortunately my shingles are taking a "staycation" also, and I am miserable tonight. So off to bed I will go with my good friend "Super Strength Xanax", since my doctor gave me nothing for pain.




Check out the video that Nate took of Keith on the zipline


1 comments:

RACHELLE said...

that sounds like such a fun stay-cation! the oquirrh temple is amazing isn't it! i do love living in utah! so much to do right here! i love checking in on yyou guys. blogs are great!