BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, November 24, 2008


Well it looks like I might have to be the new owner of a "Mom van" So here is the question... Those of you who have one, what do you have? Do you love it? Do you hate it? Pros and cons of the van you have. I have been leaning towards a Nissan Quest, but am also looking at the Chrysler Town and Country and the Toyota Sienna. Not sure if I like the idea of having to drive one. Still considering other possibilities. I am up for any and all suggestions...

5 comments:

Shauna said...

I actually love mine. It's a dodge caravan. It makes it nice because my kids can climb in and out themselves. It also drives quite nice.

Jillo said...

I fought and fought the idea of getting a mini van. I always swore I would never be one of those moms. But we have one and I LOVE it!
Push a button and the doors open, push it again and the doors close. No one needs help with seatbelts and all the space leads to less fighting. Plus when gas prices soar sky high again, you will have a tiny bit of an advantage. And you are being more envirmentally friendly and leaving a smaller carbon footprint.
Have I convinced you of the greatness yet? =)

DJ and Gin Family said...

LOVE MINE!!!!
DJ works with cars all day, and he would only consider the Quest, Sienna, or Odyssey. The Sienna and Oddysey are really expensive though. With the Quest you get a van that will last just as long, without the price. They also have a top rated engine in them. Ours has a ton of get up and go. Nissan hasn't added back windows that roll up and down, but other than that, I love them. There is a TON of storage room in back, and the seat folds completely flat.
We looked at all of our options for almost a year, and if I were to win the lottery today, I would still drive one. SUV's cost a ton to drive, insure, and maintain. They are also a major pain for loading kids in. We had a Chrysler Pacifica (crossover) before our van, and that was fine for 2 kids, but definately not for 3. It was too hard for Taylor to climb in back. Also, most crossovers don't have headrests in the back row, which is not safe. Even DJ loves driving our van. I would HIGHLY recommend Carmax as well. Even if DJ didn't work there, I will never buy from anywhere else. You can trust the cars they sell. Also, if you find one at another Carmax location, you can have it shipped for a small fee. There is definately a reason why they are a nationally top ranked company. Anyway, there's my two cents.

Natalie said...

Ginger sounds like a used car sales-woman!!

So, here's props to the mini-van. Mine is a 94 (it looks an aweful lot like the picture you posted), and I still love it. Although I can't wait to get a new one. It's like a car, truck and van rolled into one! I am somewhat of a car junkie, and I would recommend you stay away from the chrysler/dodge. Everyone I know has problemos down the road. Deffinitely the Toyota. It's bigger than the quest, and doesn't look as funky. Also, can't beat the toyota on quality! AND, it get the best mileage of all mini-vans by like 2-3 miles per gallon! Good luck!

Kurt & Rachel Keyser said...

Most of my friends have Toyota Siennas and swear by them. We have a Rav4 which we love...a 6 disc mp3 player comes standard in both. :)

Noah & Becky both have Honda Odysseys and I haven't heard any complaints.