So just a bit ago I was in the kitchen prepping stuff for the big meal tomorrow. I knew that Savannah was down the hall playing in Lucas' room (pretty safe) Camie was downstairs doing laundry and the other kids were outside. I heard Savannah, it sound like a muffled dog barking. I put down what I was doing. I found Savannah in Camie's bedroom, bent over and trying to get a breath. I picked her up and saw that she was drooling and her lips were very blue. I ran her into the kitchen and tipped her upside down. I checked the inside of her mouth and there was nothing there. Her eyes were big and she was flailing her arms I tipped her back over and started to do infant CPR. I gave her several back thrusts and was just getting ready to do a chest compression when a bright, shiny nickle fell out onto the floor. Immediately she pinked back up. Wow! Talk about an adrenaline rush. I am still shaking I was so scared. Glad to know I was able to think on my feet.
Farewell
6 years ago

4 comments:
That's scary! I probably would have panicked. We have so many tiny toys. I am so worried that Reese is going to find one and eat it. I'm glad she made a funny noise, otherwise you wouldn't have known what was going on.
Oh my gosh! Glad she's ok...thanks to you! That is so scary, but sounds like you handled it well.
Scary. Good thing you checked on her!
Oh man! That IS scary. I am so glad she is okay. Way to be prepared!
Post a Comment