BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS �

Tuesday, October 7, 2008



I think for some reason I married into a family with a last name that fits me to a tee. Let me tell you, when it comes to certain situations with my kids I AM a real stickler. Maybe it's just that I am a bit OCD with a few things. For instance, I demand that my kids wear a helmet when they participate in any kind of activity that could cause their head to look like a dropped watermelon. Yes, that means, riding a bike, scooter, horse, roller skates or even a sled. I have seen first hand what can happen when you fail to do so. (ask me about my patient with the blood gushing out of her eyes, ears and nose) So you get the point. Anyway, yesterday I came out of the bathroom and found my little itty bitty Savannah Grace halfway up the basement stairs. My mind should have screamed out! Oh no, get down, you will fall on your head!!! But did I lovingly scoop her up in my arms to save her from harms way? NO, I tell you, no I did not. What did this mother do? She grabbed her camera to snap a few blog worthy shots. The first picture got her attention. The second picture made her turn around to see what her mother was doing. "awww geez Mom, not the camera again" And down she fell head over heels, just like jack and Jill. She landed at the bottom of the stairs, looked at me and started to bawl. I felt really bad. SO I guess from now on, My poor little Savannah Grace is going to have to walk around with a helmet on her head, just to calm her mother's guilty conscience.

4 comments:

crazy savages said...

Oh No!. She needs a pen. But she would probably crawl out of that wouldn't she? I guess you will need to get gates up like Ginger has in her house...

Natalie said...

I think you need to get that girl into gymnastics or something. She's got skillzzzz!

DJ and Gin Family said...

The same thing happened when Tay was a wee one. I didn't realize that she would turn around to see me. Oh well, I guess she now knows that she can fall. That's pretty talented. Reese LOVES the stairs too, she had left them alone for weeks, then suddenly I caught her half way up them. I just taught her how to slide down on her belly, just in case. She thinks that's pretty cool. Oh yah, I like the toothbrush in the toilet, I sure hope you threw it away!!

Jillo said...

She does have some serious skillzzz! One day we will see that girls name on the Olympic wall.

Cute new family picture, by the way.