BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, June 13, 2008

SWIMMING 101






This week both Nathan and Megan had their first swim lessons. Some of you might not know this but Meg has been VERY afraid of water. It wasn't that long ago that she started to take a bath or shower without screaming in fear. When I learned that my friend and fellow nurse Christina taught lessons in her pool, I decided to give it a try. The first few days Meg did okay, but as the week progressed she began to say that her tummy hurt. I know this tactic that kiddos pull when they are nervous or scared. After talking to her I learned that it was the thought of jumping off the diving board into deep water that scared her. With a lot of encouragement and bribery she did it!
I must say that Nathan was like a little fish! He really enjoyed it and learned very quickly.
I am very pleased (proud) of the kids, they did a good job.
Also notice Megan's lack of teeth in the last picture. She actually knocked one out the other day while playing with some friends. Now we call her the toothless wonder!

4 comments:

DJ and Gin Family said...

Tay was afraid of the water too, and a few years back I told her that she wouldn't be able to go to Lagoon with her cousins if she didn't jump off the edge to her teacher. She chickened out, and I thought "Oh Crap, now I have to follow through!" We were just about to leave, and I told her to ask her teacher for one more chance. She did, and when she finally jumped, she jumped up instead of out into to the water. She landed right on the cement with her poor bum, before falling into the pool! I felt like such a mean Mom.... but then I got over it.

A crazy family member said...

Good job Megan. I knew that you could do it. See now you won't have to be like Grama and not know how to swim!!! Nate told me you jumped off the diving board at Miss Brandy's all by yourself!!!

Shauna said...

How fun! I never took swimming lessons, but wish I would have. I just learned on my own and I'm still not very good. I think I will put my kids in swim lessons too. But probably with drama too!

Natalie said...

Ahhhh, swimming lessons. Ours start next monday. Good for Megan! She looks like Kate. Kate lost her 6th tooth on Saturday night while we were at the temple. She was eating dinner with the babysitter, and realized her tooth was gone! REALLY gone! She swallowed it. THIS toothfairy isn't going after that tooth.