BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS �

Sunday, June 8, 2008

Recipe of the week

I love Sunday! I think it is one of my favorite days of the week. Especially here in Mississippi, every second Sunday is potluck! The ENTIRE ward brings a dish and we all sit and eat our afternoon meal together at the church. Some of the items are less than desirable, but I must say that I have learned exactly which dish contains the mystery meat (could be squirrel, rabbit, possum, who knows). Also the crock pot with the ding in the side that I am positive will have the best soup ever. I just love to sit and talk over a good meal, I think it really brings people together.

This weeks recipes are great for a potluck or any summer dinner.

Well, it looks like the recipe for the Thai noodles was veto'd. Keith informed me that it would be too spicy for most kids and adults and that he thought it was a waste of good pasta. So if you want me to repost the recipe I will, but I think I will try to put up something else.

Here is a free-bee. This is what I took to potluck today. Totally sinful!

Honey bun cake from THE ULTIMATE SOUTHERN LIVING COOKBOOK

1 package Pillsbury yellow cake mix with pudding (must be this brand)
4 eggs
2/3 cup vegi oil
1/3 cup water
1 (8 oz) carton of sour cream
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
2/3 cup chopped pecans
1 cup sifted powdered sugar
1 Tbsp. plus 1 tsp. milk
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract

combine first 5 ingredients in a mixing bowl; beat at medium speed with electric mixer for 2 minutes. set aside. combine brown sugar, pecans and cinnamon; set aside.

pour half of batter into a greased and floured 13x9 inch pan. Sprinkle half of the sugar mix over the batter. Repeat procedure with remaining batter and sugar mixture. Gently swirl with a knife.

Bake at 350 for 35 minutes or until a wooden pick comes out clean. Remove from oven.

while cake is baking combine powdered sugar, milk and vanilla. stir until smooth. Drizzle over the hot cake, and cool.

2 comments:

A crazy family member said...

I think I'll make that cake tonight. It will be GONE by morning!. The Thai Salad sounds good also.

Nancy said...

Delicious cake!!! Our friend Janice Faulkner is begging for the recipe. She kept nibbling, says its the best cake she's had!
Grams in CA