
My little boy is really growing up. Nathan will be nine at the end of the month. Just recently Nathan has asked me to buy him deodorant and mouth wash. Surprisingly, he is using them every morning before school.
Since we have moved to the South, Nathan has become very interested in the American Civil war. He loves visiting the Civil war museum here in town, and he reads all he can about the subject. Recently Nathan and I were sitting down together talking. He told me that he had changed him mind about what he wanted to be when he was grown-up. He told me that he decided to join the military. (Of course I thought to myself, oh no you are not, we don't even pretend with guns at our house) I told him, well sure, you can do that if you want. Then he informed that he was going to be a marine. "A CONFEDERATE MARINE"

3 comments:
Tell Nathan that he needs to do a bit more reading about the Civil War!!! Being a Marine would be just fine, but I'm not sure about the Confederate part....
I have Confederate soldiers (from the Tennessee 5th Cavalry) in my family--but it's on the Riley side!
I was wondering, though--do your children have southern accents? Do you and Keith?
He's not truly a southerner until he starts calling the war "the war of northern aggression." Tell that boy the north won a long time ago!
Post a Comment