When I picture spring break in my mind, I think of beaches, bikinis, green grass, warm air... Nope, not when you live in Utah. The weather can change at a moments notice. For instance, on Sunday it was kinda nice outside, there was a cool breeze blowing, but nice enough to hang out for awhile. Monday evening as I was heading to work it was raining. And by 6:30 the following morning there was a good six inches of fresh powder on top of my car. URGH!! The kids started their spring break THIS WEEK, so we had to find something we could all do. Nathan voted for snowboarding, but decided against it when Keith told him he would be cold and wet ALL DAY LONG. On Wednesday we were able to go to the movies. We watched How To Train Your Dragon. We really enjoyed it, but I about choked at the price for 1 adult, 3 kids and popcorn and drinks for everyone. Yikes!
On Thursday we had to make a trip to Salt Lake, so after we finished with appointments we went to a ceramics studio. Each of the kids got to choose an unfinished piece, and then they were able to paint it. Megan chose a trinket box, Nathan chose a football piggybank that he painted in Mississippi State colors. I decided on a large chip/dip serving platter. Savannah sat in her stroller and read books while Keith suffered with medically induced dilated eyes. They gave him those BIG, ugly glasses to wear, but being the fashionista he is, he suffered in silence.
Friday is a work day, Saturday is a sleeping and cleaning day, Sunday is church and friends for dinner, then Monday the kids are back at school. I love spring break but am also happy when it ends!

2 comments:
When I saw the first picture, I thought you were going to blog about how Savanna always picks her nose! Ha ha. Glad you are having some good family bonding time!
My favorite part of all your pictures is Savannah picking a winner in the background of your picture displaying your awesome chip platter. What a cutie!!
Post a Comment