BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS �

Friday, June 5, 2009

End of the year fun!

Today was the last day of school. It was so bitter sweet. We have had THE BEST teachers this year and the school was wonderful. BUT... when we bought this house we found that it is actually 4 houses from being in the school boundaries. We have to change schools next year, but are so thankful for this year.
I called the kids in and told them we were having a special dinner. I put out several bowls on the counter and a can of Spaghetti O's. Then I gave each person a printed menu. At first they thought they were having canned pasta for dinner (yuck) but then when they read the menu items, they started to scream.

  • ice-cream
  • hot fudge
  • caramel
  • marshmallow cream
  • nuts
  • cherries
  • magic shell
  • sprinkles

I never buy the stuff, and since I have been doing weight watchers, I have been pretty chintzy on the treats. It was a lot of fun, and a major sugar high. Even Savannah was able to have a treat. Hopefully it will be an end of school tradition for many years to come.
















3 comments:

crazy savages said...

That looks like great fun, but---- I'm glad we don't have to spend the night with those kids..especially Meggers!!!
Colorado Grannie

The Smith Family said...

What a totally fun idea! I took my girls out for $1 ice cream cones, but I like your idea better.

Danny, Marca, Kirk, and Joey. said...

That is the funnest thing ever!! I'm stealing that idea! :-)