Happy New Year!! (A few days late) Monday started the Chinese year of the Ox. The second grade at Heritage Elementary decided to celebrate in a BIG way. All of the parents were invited to a Dragon Parade. The kids worked hard all week making large Chinese dragons. We showed up to the school and were seated up on a large stage. In the distance we heard the beating of drums, and the clanging of cymbals. Then the dragons appeared. There were about 12 children under each dragon, and then the rest of the class were behind, shaking noise makers. They made several trips around the school, each time switching out the kids under the dragons. All of the children wore red shirts to symbolize good luck, and happiness. At the end all of the children shouted KUNG HEI FAT CHOY!!! Happy New Year! I was very cute to see Megan doing the dragon dance with her class.
Farewell
6 years ago


3 comments:
That looks really fun!
Good to have you back! I was wondering where you were!
Happy New Year! I don't ever remember doing anything for the chinese new year when I was a kid, but Taylor does every year. She informed me that Reese was born during the year of the golden pig(?), which only occurs every thousand years. I'm hoping that means that she will make me lots of money one day.
It looks like your kids had a good time.
Post a Comment