BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS �

Sunday, August 3, 2008

Well the time has come to say farewell to our beloved Corinth, Mississippi. I just want to pass on some of the (not so) important things we have learned from the South.

a buggy is something used to tote my groceries.

I need a brick heater to warm my home.

Never drink clabbered milk

You crack the winda, cut the light, crank the car, and mash the buttons

Ya'll is singular, all ya'll is plural, and all ya'lls is plural possessive.

It is just fine for a baby to sleep on a pallett.

You must have black eye'd peas and hog jowl for New Years.

Slugburgers aren't really made from slugs.

A local joke around here: You know the three wisemen were far-mun (fire-men)? Yep, the bible says they come from a far (fire).

And the most important thing I have learned... I can say ANYTHING I want about someone, as long as I back it up with ... "well bless her heart, she don't know no better"

We will sign back on once we get to Utah... but then we will no longer be the Mississippi Sticklers. So until then... "yall come back now, ya her!!"

3 comments:

DJ and Gin Family said...

That is so funny! It really is a different world down there, isn't it?
Have a nice trip back to paradise!

Natalie said...

I like the gossip advice. "Bless her heart!"

Jillo said...

What a cute post! My mom's family is all from Georgia so you were speaking the sounds of my childhood. My favorite was the Bless her heart bit.
Welcome back, by the way. It will be fun to hear about your adventures traveling West.