BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

100 things about me

I was tagged by Stacy so now ya’ll get to hear 100 things about me.

1. my full name is Melissa Ann Krehmeyer Stickler
2. I used to hate my name so I would lie and tell others it was something different.
3. I punched a kid in the eye in kindergarten for taking my RED crayon.
4. I was a pretty good student until high school.
5. I had to wear glasses in school and I used to break them on purpose because I didn’t want to wear them
6. The first time I had braces on I removed them myself.
7. I was “removed” from a church camping trip when I was 13.
8. For my 16th Birthday I received a 1966 Mustang. It was really cool!
9. I thought I was dumb in high school, so I didn’t do very well.
10. I think I graduated because they were sick of me.
11. My first ten things make me sound pretty bad!
12. I realized I was smart when I went to school to be a medical assistant.
13. I love taking care of people when they are sick.
14. I have been engaged 3 times
15. I have only been married once!
16. I met my husband at a church dance.
17. Keith is the love of my life!
18. I have the 3 cutest, best kids in the world.
19. I LOVE being a Mom.
20. I like a clean house, but I don’t want to be the one to clean it.
21. I was born in Idaho
22. Moved to Santa Maria, California when I was 9
23. Moved to Bakersfield, California the day I graduated from high school
24. I followed Keith to Salt Lake City, when he left for college.
25. We moved to Mississippi in 2005
26. We are now getting ready to move back to Utah.
27. After I had kids I went back to school to become a registered nurse.
28. I love to work the night shift.
29. I don’t really like to take care of adults… my home is in pediatrics.
30. I love to cook for others
31 I don’t like to cook for my family. They would rather eat spaghetti o’s.
32 I hate to shop for myself.
33. I never try clothes on at the store. I would rather take them back later if they don’t fit.
34. I buy most of my kid’s clothes off of E-bay.
35. I think there needs to be a 12 step program for e-bayers like me. I am so addicted.
36. I love to read
37. I used to love horror novels, but I have come back from the dark side a bit…
38. The coolest thing I have ever done was go snorkeling in Mexico.
39. I would love to plan ALL of our vacations around snorkeling
40. I don’t like staying in other people’s homes… company is like fish… after 3 days they start to stink!
41. Keith is my best friend. My Mom comes next, but we fight like cats and dogs
42. my strangest talent is that I can tie cherry stems in a knot with my tongue
43. I love music
44. I love to sing in the shower, my car, just not in public… like church
45. I used to go country dancing in “under 21” clubs when I was younger
I was pretty good
46. my favorite color is red
47. My favorite food is Mexican… mmmm Café Rio, I can’t wait. It’s been a long 3 years
48. my favorite song is Clarity by John Mayer
49. My favorite singer is John Mayer
50. My favorite movie is Sleeping with the Enemy
51. I like to play Guitar Hero when no one is watching…I really rock out
52. My most embarrassing moment happened when I was undressing in the locker room in high school. I was down to my undies when I heard someone enter the locker room. All of a sudden I heard many voices; I was startled when I saw the entire football team from a visiting school coming in to dress for a game. YIKES! I ran for the bathroom stalls, but they were all occupied. I ran into a shower stall, hurried and got dressed and hightailed it out of there!
53. If I inherited a ton of money, first I would buy an amazing home on a piece of land (about 2 acres) with a pool
54. I would have my dream kitchen (a copycat of Marla’s Corinth kitchen)
55. double ovens
56. Then I would buy a vacation home in Akumal, Mexico… right on the beach
57. I would need a Mustang convertible to drive around Mexico
58. I would hire a housekeeper
59. Actually I had a housekeeper and I always cleaned BEFORE she came… what’s the point of that???
60. I would have plastic surgery. I don’t think I am vain; I just want a nip and tuck, and a bit of lipo
61. I have a big list of dislikes…
62. Bugs!
63. I HATE bananas
64. mean people
65. snakes
66. clowns
67. slides (weird huh?)
68. cigarette smoke
69. I don’t mind speaking in church
70. I don’t like being in the spotlight
71. I do like people to compliment my cooking
72. If I had a super power, I would want to be able to fly.
73. If I could go anywhere I would want to go snorkeling in Belize
74. If I could meet anyone living or dead, it would have to be Gordon B. Hinkley
75. I have a very difficult time keeping secrets
76. I don’t like being pregnant, but I love the end result
77. I wish I were more like my friend Debbie, she is always so happy and upbeat
78. I really miss my Utah friends
79. I will really miss my Mississippi friends when I leave
80. I will miss chasing fireflies
81. I will miss the friendliness of people
82. I will NOT miss the other bugs
83. I will not miss the ignorance of people
84. My favorite calling that I have had in church was primary chorister. LOVED IT!
85. I love when my kids hug me tight
86. I love my baby’s smile
87. my favorite sound is my kids laughing. Not the obnoxious, loud laughing, but genuinely happy laughter
88. I love diet Pepsi
89. my favorite smell is vanilla coconut
90. I wish I could sing better
91. I wish I was better at sports. I honestly don’t have a clue
92. I collect Robert Duncan paintings “prints”
93. I also collect cookbooks
94. If I could have a “dream job” I would be an ice cream taster for Ben and Jerry’s
95. I have never been ashamed of my religion
96. I believe my friends are the best women in the world
97. My sister is one of my best friends
98. I am genuinely happy
99. I have no regrets.
100. This is me.

Wow, I can't believe I came up with 100. I now tag Megan S. and Keith

2 comments:

SimplySavage said...

You my dear officially are on my poop list! Working on my list now....

Stacy Holmes said...

Good job Mel!
I remember you dreading the primary chorister thing- It is kinda fun, but it is also a lot of work and terrible finding a substitute for. Ben had a great birthday- we had water games and fireworks. I wish my bday was in July! Thanks for the note!