BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, June 23, 2008

RECIPE OF THE WEEK

This is one of my favorite summer stand-by dinners. I usually have most of the items on hand and I know my husband and kids WILL eat it.

CHICKEN PIZZA SALAD

DRESSING

combine the following:

1/2 cup Italian salad dressing (I like Bernstein's cheese and garlic)
2 Tbs. Parmesan cheese
1 Tbs. chopped sun dried tomatoes (optional)
1/4 tsp. dried basil OR 1/2 Tbs. fresh basil
1/4 tsp. dried oregano

SALAD

combine the following in a large salad bowl:

6 cups salad greens
10 oz. pkg. of Louis Rich Italian chicken strips (in the refrig. section of the store)
8 marinated artichoke hearts- chopped
1/4 cup sliced pepperoni - chopped
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella (or sliced fresh mozzarella is wonderful)
1/2 cup garlic croutons
1 small can of sliced black olives

Toss salad with dressing and serve.
serve this with some of the bread from last weeks recipe and dinner is done!

1 comments:

SimplySavage said...

Yummy! Perfect for a summer night! I will make it and let you know how it turns out!