BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, June 1, 2008

Recipe of the week

This is one of Keith's favorites and also my friend Marla says her family loves these. Give them a try. I bet you will love them too.



Chicken Enchiladas



10 large flour tortillas

3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts -cooked and shredded

1 Tbl. vegi oil

1 small onion diced

1 tsp. garlic powder

1 tsp. chili powder

1 tsp cumin

1 (8 oz) brick of cream cheese

1 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese

3/4 cup salsa (I use La Cocina verde salsa)

1 small can of sliced olives (optional)

1 large can of red or green enchilada sauce


Preheat oven to 350
In a large non stick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. add the onion and saute until soft. Add the garlic powder, chili powder and cumin. Stir. Lower heat, then add the cream cheese, stir until melted. Add the chicken, 3/4 cup of the cheddar cheese, and the salsa. Stir to combine. Pour 1/4 cup of the enchilada sauce into a 13 X 9 pan. Place the filling into each of the tortillas and roll up. place in pan and cover with remaining enchilada sauce. Top with cheese and olives if desired. Bake in oven for 25 minutes or until cheese is bubbly. Serve with sour cream in desired.







3 comments:

Jillo said...

I am really liking the reciepe sharing thing! Keep them coming, you are definitely widening my families dinner list. Thank you!

Shauna said...

Hi Melissa! Thanks for your comment on my blog! It was good to hear from you! Your family is SO adorable! Looks like you are doing well. Moving back to Utah? How fun! I would love to move back. Hopefully soon! I'll have to give your recipe a try...i'm in need of a dinner makeover! Thanks!

A crazy family member said...

Oh Miss... This recipe is soooo yummy. I'm makin it for your Poppa for his supper tonight... Yum yum yummmmm....