Here is my Dad's favorite recipe that I make.
Mexican Manicotti
serves 4
8 manicotti shells
2 cooked chicken breast halves, diced or shredded (left over rotisserie chicken works great)
1 cup ricotta cheese (full fat works best, but low fat will work also)
1 scallion, sliced (that's the green part of the "green onion")
1/4 cup black olives, chopped
1/4 cup chopped pimento (you can find these in little jars by the olives)
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 teaspoon hot sauce (Franks Red Hot, or Crystal is best, but Tabasco will work)
1/2 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
1 1/2 cups of hot salsa
preheat oven to 4oo F. Grease a 12 x 8 inch baking dish. Cook shells as label directs. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine cooked chicken, ricotta, scallion, olives, pimento, cilantro, garlic, and hot pepper sauce and salt and pepper to taste. Use a teaspoon to stuff cooked shells with mixture. Place in baking dish. Top with salsa and then shredded cheese. Bake 20 minutes or until shells are hot and cheese has melted.
Farewell
6 years ago

1 comments:
Miss I can't believe you would give away your Dad's favorite recipe, but then when I read the comment from your friend, it makes sense. your Dad always says"Make Melissa's Mexican Manicotti, and whenever I do, he says Hum, this is not as good as what Melissa makes!. maybe you just left out something when you gave me the recipe??? No I know you wouldn't do that!. To everyone , this really is a fabulous recipe and one of our favorites... Yummmmm .
Post a Comment