BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, May 17, 2008

LIFE LESSONS



My son Nathan is usually a pretty good boy, but sometimes he can sure get himself in trouble. Just recently our friends bought a $3000 pool liner for their in ground pool and last week they had it installed. Yesterday, Nathan and their son Brock decided it would be a great idea to throw lava rocks into the just filled pool. Not just a few rocks, but many rocks. As Nathan had his hand in the air, mid throw, Dr Andy came into the pool yard. He got mad at both of the boys and then sent Nathan home. When Nate came home he told me that he and Megan were sent home because Brock was in trouble. I asked them what had Brock done this time... They told me that he had thrown rocks into the pool. I asked them if they had anything to do with it. Nathan told me that he had thrown 2 rocks, but not into the pool. Ten minutes later Dr. Andy came over to tell me the whole truth. Luckily, they didn't damage the liner or the new pool vac. He told me that Nathan was grounded from coming to their house for a week. I agreed with the punishment but thought it wasn't enough. I told Nathan he had two options... door #1: be grounded for the next 2 weeks, with no books, TV, Wii, or outside. Or door #2 would get him out of being grounded for two weeks, but it wouldn't be pleasant. He chose door #2. So for the next week, Nathan is on poop patrol. The family has a HUGE Great Dane, who makes land mines of their yard. For the next week, everyday after school, Nathan has to go and pick up dog poop. Each time he picks up a pile, I make him say, "I will not throw rocks"
Today, after he was finished he came to me and said, "Mom, if we ever get a dog, can it be a very small dog?" I sure hope that kid learns his lesson.

4 comments:

A crazy family member said...

That dog photo does not do Diesel credit. He is TWICE that big. Oh my gosh I can't imagine how big those poops are!! I know that Nathan has helped me do the "poop patrol" when we brought the dogs up to SLC, but they were min pins by golly!
Hopefully he will remember from that experience that its just not a good idea to throw rocks.

DJ and Gin Family said...

Just when you think you have a great kid, they have to shake things up a bit!!
I like the punishment though!

Nancy said...

I can't believe my grandson would do something wrong. Miss you had great punishment. Stinky job. BIG DOG. Bet he doesn't throw rocks into pools ever agin, would love to see him picking up the Diesel "presents"

Jill said...

If Nathan ever becomes a General Authority, I can totally see him sharing this story from the pulpit! lol I wish he would come and throw rocks at my house, we have a huge Golden retriever that makes mountains of his own!