BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS �

Monday, April 28, 2008

Happy Birthday Buddy!




Today is a big day for my "little Buddy." Nine years ago I was laying in a hospital bed, drugged out of my mind. Sadly, I don't remember much of that day. I know I was very sick, and I know that doctors, nurses and interns kept coming in to check me. Finally after 35 hours of being in labor the doctor on call decided to get Nathan out before I got any sicker. At 9:36 they handed him over to the nurses so he could receive oxygen. I didn't get to see him for many hours, but Keith did. After that we both were fine and we went home.
Nathan was a very good, happy baby. As a toddler when he became interested in something, it was all or nothing. He had a love of fire trucks, then spiderman, after that it was and still is Star Wars. (I swear we have every Attactix known to man) He loves to read, and knows facts about every random thing. He loves all animals, especially turtles. Recently, he has gotten into football. He loves the New Orleans Saints and Mississippi State.
Nathan is a sweet child. He is very sensitive and caring. Nathan loves to draw, and just this month got one of his pictures published on the ZooBooks web site. Everyday when Nathan comes home from school he says to me, "Hi Buddy! Did you have a good day buddy?' I just love my big boy so much. I can't wait to see what the next 9 years have in store for him.

1 comments:

Melissa said...

Do Grama's always get teary eyed when they see pictures of their only grandsons birthday.
?
I saw that little guy before his mom did!! He is such a sweet, compassionate boy. I know he will grow up to be a sweet loving man.
I will never forget the vaseline rivers he made on the back of the new sleeping bag, the writing on the wall and the back of the sofa with Grama's sunless tanner, the pieces of hamburger, vegetables, pieces of bread etc, stuffed down the heat register, when he didn't want to eat his dinner,locking his mother in the basement when she had nothing on but her g's and her cell phone. She had to call the police, they came with lights flashing along with the fire truck to rescure her. Nathan was so enthralled with the cop car and truck that he locked her down there a SECOND time!! His love of animals and feeling so compassionate that he cries every time he sees road kill, and deciding to become a vegan because he doesn't want an animal killed... He is a very special boy, and much loved.
Grama B.