Well the date has come, we have completed the count down, and still no baby. Today's appointment proved that this child is going to be difficult and take it's own sweet time. The baby has not dropped, and there is no dialation at all. I have a follow-up on blood work tomorrow, and then if there is no toxemia, Keith and I will have to make a decision on Monday. I begged the doctor to let me try to start labor on my own. I really don't want to have a c-section, but know if I have to, I will be fine.
Here is what has really got me crazy. Usually when I have an appointment I have a very minimal wait time to see the doctor. I am in -and -out in about 30 minutes. Today I sat in the exam room in my darling paper skirt for over 45 minutes waiting for the doctor. When he finally came in he appoligized for being late. Then he went on the explain to me that because I am a nurse he can tell me this. The patient he was just in with is also due the same day as me. He was also planning on inducing her tomorrow. He couldn't find the heartbeat. When they did the ultrasound they found it was fetal demise. The baby was dead. He also said that just last night the family was laughing at how the baby was moving around so much. Now, normally this wouldn't bother me. But my goodness, that conversation really struck a chord with me. Each time I realize that I haven't felt the baby move for awhile, I wonder if it is okay. I have no reason to believe that anything is wrong, but it still weighs on my mind. Keith has only felt the baby move twice, and neither of the kids have felt the baby move. It just doesn't move much.
Well, until further notice we are still pregnant. And remember, don't call us, we'll call you!!
Here is what has really got me crazy. Usually when I have an appointment I have a very minimal wait time to see the doctor. I am in -and -out in about 30 minutes. Today I sat in the exam room in my darling paper skirt for over 45 minutes waiting for the doctor. When he finally came in he appoligized for being late. Then he went on the explain to me that because I am a nurse he can tell me this. The patient he was just in with is also due the same day as me. He was also planning on inducing her tomorrow. He couldn't find the heartbeat. When they did the ultrasound they found it was fetal demise. The baby was dead. He also said that just last night the family was laughing at how the baby was moving around so much. Now, normally this wouldn't bother me. But my goodness, that conversation really struck a chord with me. Each time I realize that I haven't felt the baby move for awhile, I wonder if it is okay. I have no reason to believe that anything is wrong, but it still weighs on my mind. Keith has only felt the baby move twice, and neither of the kids have felt the baby move. It just doesn't move much.
Well, until further notice we are still pregnant. And remember, don't call us, we'll call you!!


2 comments:
Whether or not you work in the health field, that doctor should be KICKED for telling a story like that to a full-term mother.
That's just bad ju-ju.
Anyway, you'll be in my thoughts! Good luck.
I'm waiting...waiting...waiting...for news. Wishing you a speedy labor!
Post a Comment