BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Nate is 12!!!







My baby boy is twelve today! I can't believe how time has gone so fast.





I am pretty sure that the week after I got pregnant with him, I started to get sick, very sick. I wasn't throwing up just once or twice but about 30 times a day. At first Keith did all he could to help, but after awhile he couldn't help me, so he just waited in the other room with the TV turned up loud. I couldn't keep any amount of nourishment down. My doctor started to become very concerned when I started losing a lot of weight. At first he placed an IV in my arm so that I could get some fluids and not get so dehydrated. After a few weeks that stopped working, so he placed a central line in my chest so that I could get total nutrition. From September to December I had that line in. I ate very little. I couldn't move. I couldn't even take a shower with the line. I remember one day my sister came to visit and she offered to wash my hair for me cause I couldn't do it. I was SO embarrassed! At the end of December I started to get better and they took the line out. I had to start out by eating baby food, my stomach couldn't handle much more. Once I was feeling back to normal and the constant nausea was gone, I tried to go back to work. But in February I started to have pre-term labor. Once again I was given more drugs and put on strict bed rest with bathroom privileges only. Nate was due May 15th. On April 20, I went into the doctor and he determined that my blood pressure was going up and again he was worried. He did a test called an amniocentesis... he inserted a large needle into my abdomen to check the fluid around the baby. He said he wasn't ready to come out, his lungs were not developed properly. Again I went home on STRICT bedrest.

Early in the morning of April 27 I woke up with an awful headache. I took to Tylenol and went back to sleep. A few hours later I woke up with the same headache but it was worse, so I took two more pills. When it wouldn't go away I woke up Keith and told him to take me to Shop Ko, I had to check my blood pressure. It was 210/115 PANIC!! We went home and I grabbed my bag, I told him that if we called the doctor now, that I would be sent to the hospital... no doubt about it. Funny thing is, Keith had to turn in his final paper at Westminster college before we could go to the hospital.

I was admitted immediately, but told that my doctor was out of town, someone else was on-call. He decided to try to induce me with Pitocin... but it didn't work. I was getting large doses Demerol, and just waiting. All day, and all night we waited. I remember at around 7pm on the 28th, they came in to check blood and urine samples. I was starting to shake. At one point, there were numerous doctors, students and nurses coming into my room and were pushing on my feet. I didn't know at the time but they were checking for seizure activity. The tonic-clonic movements in my feet were the most elevated they had seen. At 9pm, the doctor came in and talked to Keith, he told us that we had waited long enough. They had to do a c-section NOW! I don't remember a thing after that.

Late that night I remember coming out of recovery and having hives all over because of my allergic reaction to the Morphine they gave me for pain.

After a few doses of Benedryl I was fine, and actually felt really well.

A few days later we got to bring that healthy baby boy home. It wasn't easy and it sure wasn't fun, but I would do it all over for the wonderful son the Lord has given me.











0 comments: