BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Easter




THIS IS THE AFTERMATH... WHAT A MESS
HOMEMADE ROLLS, BUT NOT LIKE GRANDMA'S

TORCHING THE HAM


I love that this year Conference was on Easter. Those of you who know me, know I do not do the Easter Bunny thing. Doesn't make sense to me... I was happy though to be able to sit at home with my family and listen to the words of our beloved prophet and leaders. Even the big kids sat for awhile and listened. We did decide we would have a nice simple dinner and invite Keith's co-worker and friend; Brian for dinner.



There is nothing like the awe and amazement on the kids faces like when I pull out the ol' butane torch and set our food on fire! So much fun, I am sure they have some pyro tendencies in their genes also.
The Menu: honey baked ham, garlic mashed potatoes with fresh chives, asparagus with a citrus sauce, spring green salad with fresh strawberries, goat cheese, pecans and videllia vinaigrette, a blueberry set salad, fresh peas, and homemade rolls. This year when I started to make my rolls, I wanted to call Grandma and talk to her about them. But she wasn't there to call. We didn't get to visit with them between conferences and I realized how much I miss her, but how much I am grateful for the Atonement of Jesus Christ. I am so thankful that I will have the opportunity to be with her again. So when it is stripped all down, the clothes don't matter, the candy doesn't matter, neither does the dinner or a silly little rabbit. It is the Resurrection of Our Savior, and what He did for you and I.

1 comments:

Lindsey said...

So glad to hear that I am not the only Mom who doesn't do the whole Easter Bunny thing!! Ry and I just get the kids a couple new 'Spring time' toys. Your meal looks yummy!!