This is my little runner. He did so well for his first year in track. It was just over a year ago that Nathan decided he liked to run. So he and Keith ran in the Corinth Coca Cola 10K. His time was just at 1 hour. When we moved back here to Layton, we were surprised that the city had a track club. Nathan wanted to run, so I forked out $30, got him some new running shoes and he started practicing. At his first official practice all he did was shuffle around the track. I couldn't believe it, what was he doing???? Afterwards when I was questioning him, he told me that he had forgotten to use the bathroom. Oops! After that I really enjoyed watching him run, and it seemed to boost his confidence. In his first meet he came in first. His second track meet was called on account of weather. Our third track meet was to decide who would go on to the district level. This photo was taken at that meet. It was POURING RAIN. But he came in second and qualified for the district meet. Just this Monday was the state qualifying meet. He was really pumped up and excited. He knew he was going to win. We got there at 5 but his race didn't run until at least 7:30 so by that time he was a little wired up. (couldn't have been from the coca cola, or the snickers bar) When it was race time there were 8 boys running, and Nate was in lane 2. The race started and he was at the back of the pack. He rounded the corner and came up to the straightaway, where he passed all but 2 kids. He was really running hard, but in the end he came in 3rd. He showed a really brave face for everyone, but behind the bleachers, on the way to the car, he turned and hugged his mom and cried for a few minutes. He promised me that he really tried his best. That is all I expect of him. I am proud of him. Good job Nathan
Farewell
6 years ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment