BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS �

Monday, July 28, 2008

Daddy, Grandpa and Savannah
Grandma and Grandpa Savage
Grandma Savage holding Savannah
Megan hugging Miss Brandy
Megan, Brock and Nathan
Jana, Megan and Sarah
Grams and Vannah
Grandma Savannah and Me

Over the last week I have experienced every emotion possible. On Monday, Nathan and Megan had to say good-bye to their best friend Brock. It was sad because I don't think Brock "got it" he wouldn't be in photos, and he was being mean to the kids. Maybe a bit of a defense mechanism for him. And then they had to say good-bye to his mom Miss Brandy, who has been a wonderful second Mom to the kids. She cried, then I cried. It was miserable! Then later that evening our ward held "Family Home Evening with the Stickler". A lot of people came. We had a lesson, and some really yummy treats that everyone brought. The activity was for everyone to put together a scrapbook for us. As we were driving home Meg began to cry, telling us how much she loved the young women in our ward (Sarah and Jana) and how they were like big sisters to her. So once she started crying we all started crying again, even Keith and Nate.



On Tuesday we woke up bright and early at 3:30 am. We packed everyone in the car and headed for the airport in Memphis. The kids (including Savannah) did GREAT! We flew from Memphis to Atlanta where we had an hour lay over. Then we flew from Atlanta to Salt Lake City. Our plane got in at noon but then the kids were flying to Colorado (by themselves)to be with my parents. Their flight didn't leave until 4:30, so we had to wait until their plane left the ground. So they were happy and scared at the same time.



We finally stepped out of the airport at 4:45. It was hot, dusty and ugly. I started to cry. It really made me sad to have to leave Mississippi. There was tons of traffic and we sat on the freeway for over an hour just to get about 25 miles! We got to the hotel and I was relieved to finally get SOMEWHERE.



On Tuesday we were able to visit with our good friends Camie and Manuel and to see their cute little kids. I had fun finally getting to see them.



On Wednesday we looked at houses. After several hours with our real estate agent I was glad to drive to Salt lake to surprise my Grandpa and Grandma. They are so cute. All they wanted to do was watch Savannah. And they just ooh'd and aah'd.
On Thursday, my sister Lisa and I went to the Sanctuary spa in Gateway and got massages. It was so much fun! What a wonderful treat! After the spa, Keith and I headed back to look at houses for the rest of the morning and part of the afternoon. We spent the rest of Pioneer Day with Camie and Manuel. It was a relief to just sit and be comfortable and not have to worry about anything.
Friday morning we went looking at more houses, then headed on over to my Grandma and Grandpa's house again to visit. Later that night Keith and I left Savannah for the very first time. My sister Lisa, her husband Dave and my niece Tori watched her for about 2 hours, while we went out to dinner at a place called Epic. It was pretty good.
Saturday morning... you guessed it! We spent looking at houses. There are just so many hundreds of houses for sale, and so few days to look at them. In the afternoon we went out to West Jordan and had dinner with our good friends Debbie and Gary Rex. It was good to see them, and meet the newest addition of their family. (Matthew was born after we left... he is now 2) Plus we will get to meet the next newest member of the family, since Debbie is due to have baby number 5 in just a few days.
On Sunday we flew home, and today I am sad again about having to move.

3 comments:

Shauna said...

Wow what an exciting and transistional time for your family! I feel for you. Have fun looking for a house and good luck!

Natalie said...

It must be sad to leave Mississippi. I would cry too if I left Oregon. Even though I would be excited to live in Utah again and be with family, it's so nice to stake a claim somewhere other than home.

DJ and Gin Family said...

Cute pictures! I'm glad that you were able to see Grandma and Grandpa... they loved it!
I like Savannah's talking... Reese started to say that same thing at about 5 months, whenever she got tired. We like to think that she is saying "Night - Night". Who knows though? Isn't it so much fun having a new baby around?