Since we have lived in the South, I have gathered many memories. I have decided to share a few...
Last year Keith and the kids and I had been out to dinner. We decided to stop at the store afterwards. We were walking out to our car when I heard some people yelling. I turned to look and saw two women fighting. All of a sudden one of the women jumped into her car, grabbed a large bottle and hit the other woman on the head with it. The girl that had been hit grabbed a pipe out of her car and started to run after the other car, hitting the windshield as it sped away. I didn't see her face until she came around the front of her car. She was covered in blood. I quickly looked around to see if anyone else was going over to help. crap. No one was walking over there and so it was my responsibility to go and help. When I got to the girl, she was screaming into her cell phone for someone to go and kill the girl that had hit her. I told her that she had to calm down, that I was there to help her. She didn't respond to me, so I got closer to her and told her again that she had to sit down so I could check her. Just then I heard crying. I looked and in the back seat of her car were two little kids, both sprayed with their mother's blood. I grabbed the hand of the little girl (about 5) and the car seat of the baby and took them out of the car. At that point another car pulled into the parking lot and another woman jumped out. (she actually left her car in drive, because it continued to move after she got out) Keith had to jump in and park her car. This was obviously a relative or friend because she was also on her cell phone telling someone to go and kill the other girl. All of a sudden the girl who had been hit, ripped off her blood drenched shirt and threw it on the ground. The poor little kids were so traumatized. They just kept sobbing and clinging to me. Finally the paramedics pulled up to help the girl. Then another group of people came up to me. They told me that they were the grandparents to the children. At that point I handed over the baby to the grandma. Keith and I gave our statements to the police and we left. Several months later we had to testify in front of a grand jury on behalf of the girl. We never heard the outcome. The crazy thing was, many people were standing in the parking lot that evening. Some had even turned their trucks around so they could sit on the tailgate to get a better look. No one came to help. I guess they thought it was better to not get involved.
Later I heard from a friend who knew of the family, she told me that I was lucky that I wasn't beat with that pipe after I touched that woman's kids. I guess her reputation precedes her.
More memories later...
Farewell
6 years ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment