BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Fun FHE

Even though Keith is gone to Utah for a few days on business, the kids and I still had Family Home Evening. Thanks to my friend Marla (who used this idea a few weeks ago) I was able to do something that really got the kids attention. First, since it was pretty chilly last night, I turned up the heater and had them stand by the vents. I asked them if they liked the warm air. Of course they did. Then I asked them where we get it from. They didn't know. So I explained it to them. Then I asked if it was free. NO! So we walked around the house and we talked about the hot water, the lights, the A/C etc. So then we went outside and I showed them the electric meter, and how the dial was turning so fast. So we went back inside and I told them to hurry and save some money and find ways we were wasting it. So they turned off TVs, lights and we turned down the heat. Then we went back outside and watched the meter. They thought it was going much slower. So we talked about different ways to not waste. Nathan promised to not use ALL of the hot water when he showers, and Megan decided that she didn't need to turn her heat blanket up to 10 before she left for school, just so her cat would be warm. Go figure! We had some ice cream and then everyone got to bed on time. It was a good night. Not the same without Daddy, but we managed. Just this morning I left my bedroom light on while I was getting the kids ready for school. Meg caught me and made me go turn it off. Good job Meg!

0 comments: