Recently my kids have been asking me a ton of questions about age. Here are just a few.
How old do you have to be to.....
stay home alone?
cut with a sharp knife?
spend the night at a friend's house?
run a 10K race?
use deodorant?
babysit our baby?
drive the car?
buy something at the store without mom or dad?
keep believeing in the easterbunny, tooth fairy, Santa, etc. ?
do the laundry?
sign on to the internet alone?
stay up until 10 PM?
ride in the front seat of a car?
ride in a car without a booster?
And of course there is always the comment when they don't like my answer to "how old..." When I am grown up I can do whatever I want. The other day Megan asked me if I would buy her a Bratz doll. I told her no. So she told me that when she is grown up she will buy every Bratz doll they make.
My comment to her was, "go ahead."
So if anyone has some good definate answers to these questions, please let me know.
Farewell
6 years ago

3 comments:
DJ's Grandma bought Ginny a Bratz doll, and she loves the nasty thing. I think that she really just loves the idea that she owns a "forbidden" object. Oh well, what do you do?
As for the perfect age... 16 seems to cover alot of those things (except for kissing)!!
Good Luck!
We won’t buy Maya those horrible Bratz dolls either. I told her they were “wanton women,” which she didn’t understand, but she quotes me anyway. I mean, seriously, who came up with the idea of a child’s doll that is so shamelessly smutty? Could it be (using my best "Church Lady" voice here) SATAN??
How old to do any housework like laundry? Tell them they're old enough for anything that has to do with chores. Also, tell them that once they're 10, they need to pay for gas in the car and buy their own food. That will scare them!
Post a Comment