BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

I have known in the past but have recently learned again that our Heavenly Father has a plan for us, even if we don't agree.

A week and a half ago my family and friends had a special fast for me. No way did I want to have a c-section. With Nathan I had to have a c-section, but with Meg I was successful in having a normal vaginal delivery. So when it came down to choosing my OBGYN doctor for this pregnancy, I chose one who would try to let me have another regular delivery. (with the majority of doctors, if you have had a c-section you will always have a c-section)

After the fast was over I remember telling my Mom that I felt I was going to have the c-section anyway. She told me that I needed to have more faith.

When I went to the doctor the following morning, he told me that because I was spilling protein in my urine and it was much more than the previous visit, I was going to have ac-section. Both Keith and I were upset. Feeling a bit betrayed.

On Tuesday morning we checked into the hospital to be prepared for the surgery. I was given a spinal block for anesthesia and the procedure began. I was scared and disappointed, but also a bit relieved. After we had Savannah out and my doctor came into visit me a bit later. He told me that I was a very lucky woman that the Lord had me in his hands. During the surgery, when he placed the scalpel to my uterus, it opened almost spontaneously. If I would have gone into labor, he told me, my uterus would have definitely ruptured. Being that I live 60 miles away from the hospital, if it had ruptured I could have bled to death.

So, sometimes when we ask for something, Our Heavenly Father knows what we need, more than we do.

2 comments:

Eden said...

Your baby is really beautiful. I mean actually beautiful. Most people say that about babies--and they're always lying because new babies are really just bruised, scrunched, red, squirmy, ugly little things. But Savannah really IS pretty! Maybe there is something to be said for avoiding the birth canal (as far as looks go, anyway).

Natalie said...

I second Eden. It's funny how it works when we fast and pray for certain things. There are great lessons in the way the Lord chooses to answer us.